Re: Updating BCP 10 -- NomCom ELEGIBILITY

2015-02-13 11:52:23
The fact that the nomcom eligibility rules are attendance rather than participation is a bug. It was known to be a bug when it was written. Okay, if one wants to be picky, it was known to be a mediocre heuristic approximation for what was desired.)

The challenge has been to find rules that capture the range of exposure / participation that would actually provide good background for leadership selection.

We could not do so when we wrote the rules.
Maybe we can now.  I would love to see better rules.
The challenge for me is telling that a proposed rule set has a reasonable chance (there is no sure thing here) of being better. That is part of what prompted the exchange with Michael about data.

Yours,
Joel