Re: Remote participation fees [Re: Updating BCP 10 -- NomCom ELEGIBILITY]

2015-02-15 07:43:35
On Feb 15, 2015, at 4:26 AM, Dave Cridland <dave(_at_)cridland(_dot_)net> wrote:
Seriously, I've often wished that Cyrus Daboo (who sounds very like me; I've
never met him) would read my questions and comments out; I'm sure that'd work
better,

What would really help with this problem, and I think would actually result in
better line discipline, would be if the chairs ran a queue of commenters and
anybody, on-site or remote, could put themselves on the queue, but you couldn't
talk if you weren't on the queue.   This would give off-site commenters parity
with on-site commenters.  Meetecho already allows you to present with video, so
I don't see why it couldn't allow participants to comment using video as well.
 We'd want cameras at each mic line that are on when it's that person's turn to
speak, so that off-site people could see them.

I don't think this is particularly hard to do if we decide to do it; the
problem is that right now meetecho support, which is really great compared to
what we had before, is still not really taken seriously enough.