Re: Remote participation fees [Re: Updating BCP 10 -- NomCom ELEGIBILITY]

2015-02-14 18:16:54

On 14/02/15 22:47, Mary Barnes wrote:
I do recognize that
quality isn't quite there yet, but it's pretty darn good and maybe good
enough.

My experience of being remote was that it was pretty good,
but for a lot of the WGs where I listened in, I was able to
recognise voices of folks I know, and was also able to use
jabber to ask various people there about the goings-on. I
don't think that'd be that common for remote participants,
and without it, the experience would have been much worse I
think. (But it'd be interesting to hear otherwise if that's
the case.)

And while remote listening (and the occasional prod via
jabber) was fairly workable for me, as others have noted
I don't think we're anywhere near solving the problem of
workable remote input in general.

I fully agree that we ought be working more on all of this
though.

S.