RE: Remote participation fees

2015-02-15 14:15:39
Hello Christer,

we have discussed this multiple times in the past. Ftom the technical
standpoint, moderation (involving both locals and remotes) can indeed be
implemented in many different ways (some of which are based on IETF standards,
btw). We (Meetecho) have proposed and run an experiment called UMPIRE, whose
details can be found, e. g., on the vmeet mailing list.

Cheers,

Simon

Il 15 Febbraio 2015 12:40:16 CET, Christer Holmberg
<christer(_dot_)holmberg(_at_)ericsson(_dot_)com> ha scritto:
Hi,

It can't be that difficult to make a tool that everyone (including
those participating f2f) use to "line up" behind the microphone.

Many virtual meeting tools already provide a raise-your-hand feature.

Regards,

Christer

-----Original Message-----
From: ietf [mailto:ietf-bounces(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org] On Behalf Of Ted Lemon
Sent: 15 February 2015 04:11
To: John Leslie
Cc: ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
Subject: Re: Remote participation fees

On Feb 14, 2015, at 5:51 PM, John Leslie <john(_at_)jlc(_dot_)net> wrote:
  Is there anybody besides the Meetecho folks whose task it is to
"make it work"? Is there anybody _including_ the Meetecho folks who
has the ability to arrange similar priority at the mike to that of
on-site participants?

A tremendous amount of work goes on behind the scenes to make this
work, not just the meetecho folks.   I remember reporting a problem in
a meeting and having Alexa show up five minutes later checking to see
if it was fixed, and I know that other folks from AMS and from the NOC
work hard on this.