Re: Remote participation fees

2015-02-25 23:59:23
Usually, ietf-draft authors that pay in ietf-meetings will get the
best outcome from their efforts and get more interests from the world.
Remote participants need to be encouraged/increased so making it free
is an excellent ietf-strategy currently. IMHO, the utilization&fee
issue is not in the side of remote participants but is in the side of
the f2f participants, because it is still not totally-managed by
session/meeting chairs within IETF meetings (which may be a very good
approach for flexibility). IETF meetings are productive and efficient
but could we make more effort to increase that? we may think to add
fees on draft-authors that need more than 10 minutes to present
their-work/wg-draft?

Is it possible to chair a session and you get 20 participants lined up
while that draft presentation was scheduled for 15 minutes. Or  may I
"line up" for a long time with no much expectation of how long it will
take while the queue has 3 only. Could we have in IETF a determination
of best practice maximum input time per f2f participant per draft.

 I suggest that IETF management guide session chairs to announce
maximum input duration time per draft per meeting-participant, so we
can get the highest efficiency per session/WG-meeting.

AB

On 2/15/15, Christer Holmberg <christer(_dot_)holmberg(_at_)ericsson(_dot_)com>