Re: "Blue sheets" [ Interim meetings - changing the way we work]

2015-02-25 22:53:22
Brian E Carpenter wrote:
According to BCP 25 (RFC 2418) minutes are mandatory ("shall") and the
list of attendees is a lower-case "should":
Personally I think it should have been a MUST because of verifying
IPR disclosure obligations.

It's worth noting that the IESG guidance at http://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/interim-meetings.html says the attendee list "must" be submitted. And I'm happy to follow that guidance.

Of course, chairs being required to submit blue sheets is not the same as attendees being required to sign them.

On the other hand, there doesn't seem to be any reason why a chair would be prohibited from collecting names for the blue sheets in whatever way is most convenient. (E.g. WebEx logs for virtual interim meetings) If that conflicts with an attendee's desire to avoid signing the blue sheets, then I suppose the chair's prerogative takes precedence.

Cheers,
-Benson