Re: Interim meetings - changing the way we work

2015-02-26 11:43:24
On Thu, Feb 26, 2015 at 6:01 AM, Benoit Claise <bclaise(_at_)cisco(_dot_)com>
wrote:

 Philip,

 Is there really a demand for interim meetings that cannot be supported
in IETF regular meetings? We meet 3 times a year, why isn't that enough? I
don't know of any W3C working group meeting more than three times a year.

 Rather than trying to pile requirements onto interim meetings, can we
work out a way to accommodate these needs in regular meetings?

 I would like to suggest we go a stage further and change the way the
IETF meetings work.

 People are having interim meetings because a one or two day meeting on
one topic is a lot more productive than an IETF WG session.

Or because weekly meetings are more efficient.

I consider weekly con-calls a different class. But again, they are often
useful for certain types of WG.