Re: Remote participation fees [Re: Updating BCP 10 -- NomCom ELEGIBILITY]

2015-02-16 00:13:42
On 2/15/15 4:43 AM, Ted Lemon wrote:
What would really help with this problem, and I think would actually
result in better line discipline, would be if the chairs ran a queue
of commenters and anybody, on-site or remote, could put themselves on
the queue, but you couldn't talk if you weren't on the queue.

I'm not going to pretend to be expert in the ways of the W3C, but
I did go to the recent TPAC meeting and have participated in some
calls, and they use IRC channels for this (and for other tasks),
with what appears to be considerable success.  So, it's not just
possible, but attainable, I think.

Melinda