Re: IETF Hackathon at IETF 92, March 21-22, Dallas, TX

2015-02-25 10:58:21

On Feb 25, 2015, at 11:12 AM, Melinda Shore
<melinda(_dot_)shore(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com> wrote:

On 2/25/15 6:58 AM, Charles Eckel (eckelcu) wrote:
True, and hopefully the work at the Hackathon will provide useful input
into BOFs, etc., that helps make more informed decisions about whether and
how to proceed with forming working groups. If you have another technology
you would like to propose and for which we can identify a champion to help
drive it, we can add it, as we are doing today for SFC.

This whole process has been kind of odd and not at all
transparent.  Not sure why working group chairs weren't
approached for potential projects.  I just went through
the list of projects and it appears that Cisco is overrepresented
in the technologies being proposed.  This does not seem to be
an "IETF" hackathon, but rather a Cisco hackathon held in
at an IETF meeting.

Melinda

I'm with you %100. As co-chair of 2 wgs and deeply involved in the yang
modeling efforts going on here and externally - most of which is clearly
related - I'm puzzled. Benoit, Juergen and I have also been running a yangathon
- hackathon for yang models - for a year now at each meeting which seems like a
good fit for an org wide hackathon. No one approached us for this either.

Tom