Re: Thinking laterally

2015-02-27 12:10:47
On Fri, Feb 27, 2015 at 10:43 AM, Mary Barnes
<mary(_dot_)h(_dot_)barnes(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com>
wrote:

We already have video for sessions that use Meetecho.  While not perfect,
it's a great way to participate remotely.   And, it uses protocols that we
have developed and are developing in IETF.

Hopefully, meeting minutes for all the sessions that use Meetcho have
links to the recordings.  If not, you can find them here:
http://www.ietf.org/meeting/91/remote-participation.html#Meetecho
I've gone back to the recordings when prepare meeting minutes.

Just as a note, I am not commenting either way on the charging thing.  I
see the obvious advantage but I also think there's a number of
disadvantages.  Per my comment earlier about meeting minutes, wouldn't it
be a real turnoff if someone was wanting to catch-up with a WG, but had to
pay to see the corresponding video recording from a meeting?

Regards,
Mary.

The idea was to provide a way for me as a remote participant to guarantee
that the video is there.

I was not suggesting paywalling it. More a sponsorship sort of model. If I
am attending a session remotely and it is core to my work I am going to
kick in the cash in case nobody else does.

I don't want it paywalled even if I am paying though.