Re: Thinking laterally

2015-02-28 15:30:10
On Friday, February 27, 2015, Phillip Hallam-Baker
<phill(_at_)hallambaker(_dot_)com>
wrote:

Thinking of the remote participant fee. As someone whose travel
restrictions prevent attending in certain parts of the world:

* I have no problem paying a fee but I am not the decision maker
* Paying a fee is better for my CFO
* Not paying a fee is even better for my CFO unless we get something for it

I agree with you. IETF should always consider the full community within the
world not only few regions or majority participants' region.

One thing I really would like more of as a remote attendee is video of the
sessions. That is something worth paying for and it is something that we
should have adequate technology base for. If video streaming sessions
really is more than plugging in a camera... we is still doin it wrong.

I think IETF can provide such services but need to do some procedures that
make the rules for that to save flexibility.

(....)
If someone wants to add video after the fact they pay a full conference
fee per session.

The fees proposed should not be per session because the f2f attendees don't
pay fees per session. The minimum We have is per day fees.

AB