Re: Thinking laterally

2015-02-28 16:40:51

Nico Williams <nico(_at_)cryptonector(_dot_)com> wrote:
    > But remote participation fees have nothing to do with hastening such an
    > outcome.  Remote participation experience does.  But I suspect that f2f
    > participation is always just a matter of travel budget: either you have
    > it (you'll attend) or you don't (you won't attend).

there are more logistical factors than just budget...
It's true that some are ameliorated with larger budgets...

For instance, a visa that is approved so late that you have to book a
    fullfare ticket, pay the late fee for IETF, and book the suite at the
    hotel, and that screws your budget.

more money also lets you hire visa consultants, baby sitters, bring your
     entire family if you can't leave them behind, fly on shorter, more
     direct routes to deal with conflicts,etc.

--
Michael Richardson <mcr+IETF(_at_)sandelman(_dot_)ca>, Sandelman Software Works
 -= IPv6 IoT consulting =-