Re: Thinking laterally

2015-02-27 09:49:16
Hi Ted,

--On February 27, 2015 at 10:32:51 AM -0500 Ted Lemon <Ted(_dot_)Lemon(_at_)nominum(_dot_)com> wrote:

* I have no problem paying a fee but I am not the decision maker
* Paying a fee is better for my CFO
* Not paying a fee is even better for my CFO unless we get something for
it

I think if you tell your CFO "As a paid attendee, I am obligated to pay
full boat, so here's the receipt," your CFO will pay without complaining.
I am sure there are marginal cases where the CFO will not pay, but I
would expect cases where the CFO _could_ pay but won't to be fairly
uncommon.

One thing I really would like more of as a remote attendee is video of
the sessions. That is something worth paying for and it is something
that we should have adequate technology base for. If video streaming
sessions really is more than plugging in a camera... we is still doin it
wrong.

What I would like to see here is a camera on every microphone, on the
presenter, on the chairs, and maybe one pointing back at the room, and
someone or something picking which camera to send to the feed at any
given time, plus a separate slide feed.   The feed in each meeting room
should be the slides plus

Great - so now the CFO can double-check that he is getting value for money by making sure his company employee really was paying attention in the session they claimed to be in! I wonder how many current attendees would suddenly find themselves having to participate remotely after their CFO decided they don't really need to spend all that money to send them some place to sit in a meeting not apparently doing anything. Or are we also going to video the hall ways, so those all important hall way conversations (which some people say are more important than the meetings) can be tracked by CFOs to determine value for money?

So be careful what you ask for...

--
Cyrus Daboo