Re: Thinking laterally

2015-02-27 11:09:34
On Fri, Feb 27, 2015 at 10:53 AM, Ted Lemon
<Ted(_dot_)Lemon(_at_)nominum(_dot_)com> wrote:
On Feb 27, 2015, at 11:49 AM, Nico Williams
<nico(_at_)cryptonector(_dot_)com> wrote:
That would be a cultural disaster for the IETF.  If you don't have to
go anywhere to attend, will you even make time for more than the WG
meetings in which you have a direct interest?  Probably not.  And what
of all the hallway and bar BoFs?  Gone.

Ubiquitous WiFi in meeting rooms has already made it the case that only those
people who want to actually attend to the sessions where their bodies are
parked.   This is just the cross-area review problem wearing another hat.   I
agree it's a problem, but I don't think the fact that people fly in for
meetings makes it less of a problem.

That's true as to attendance of WG meetings by people not actually
that interested.  Ubiquitous wifi has not negatively affected hallway
conversations (not that much anyways) nor bar BoFs (not at all).

Nico