Re: Drafts that can't be serious

2015-04-21 04:02:13
Note that one reason for publishing IESG statements rather than BCPs is
that the IESG statement reflects IESG consensus, not IETF consensus, and
can be changed any time the IESG consensus changes.

Presumably, this is a quicker process than determining that IETF
consensus has changed (and also easier to document - unlike IETF
participants, we know the names of all the IESG members).

If the IESG becomes aware that (for instance) harassment in I-D text has
just become a serious problem, and as a result, the ombudsperson should
be given the power to take down I-Ds without consulting the IESG, it can
do that.

So far, I don't think we know of a present problem that indicates that
we need a change to this process, but if required, the IESG can Just Do It.