Re: [hackathon] What is the IPR policy for Hackathon? RE: [94all] IETF 94 - Hackathon Information

2015-09-18 13:53:49

We should encourage 'non-open source' (i.e. commercial software developers)
to participate - participation does not make that code public or gives the
IETF any rights.

While the hackathon focus is on open source, I do agree that we shouldn’t limit
people to participate for, say, interop purposes using their non-open-source
implementations.

Jari