Re: Hotel situation

2015-12-16 11:15:59
On 12/16/2015 9:05 AM, Ted Lemon wrote:
This is an excellent point, and reinforces my belief that you'd be a good
IAOC candidate.   I think there's a case to be made that if someone needs
special accommodations, there should be a way for them to demonstrate that
this is the case and get early access to the conference hotel room block.

This incurs significant, additional effort for IETF staff and for
attendees.   Th effort to identify and process such folk also produces
all sorts of fairness concerns.  A plausible result is effectively just
moving the announcement date to be earlier for everyone...

A different approach is simply to require that venues /always/ be chosen
with excellent, close proximity of alternative lodging that covers a
wide range of prices.

In fact, that's generally what has been done in recent years.

Except when it hasn't, for various reasons that are invoked sporadically...

d/

--
Dave Crocker
Brandenburg InternetWorking