Re: Hotel situation

2015-12-16 18:16:23

On Dec 16, 2015, at 6:24 PM, Ray Pelletier <rpelletier(_at_)isoc(_dot_)org>
wrote:

Typically if we don’t get our target room block it’s because there’s another
group
at the hotel, or sometimes it’s because the hotel is concerned about the risk
of setting aside 70 - 90% for a group they’ve never done business with.  This
concern
is also typically reflected in the cancellation provisions for guest rooms
they will
sign up to, and/or when they start cutting back the number of rooms in the
block.
All of which is evident in our first meeting in Latin America and Buenos
Aires.

I believe that IETF is probably trying as hard as it can to do the best job it
can; however, I wonder about something from above:

I'm not sure if "all of which" included the "never done business with" or how
exactly hilton works, but it seems to me that we've done quite a bit of
business with hilton. Is one hilton not able to talk to our previous hilton's
or corporate headquarters to get information on our group? This would be
unfortunate as that information seems very useful for the new hilton to have.

Thanks,
Chris.