Re: Hotel situation

2015-12-16 11:11:49
On 12/16/15 8:05 AM, Ted Lemon wrote:
This is an excellent point, and reinforces my belief that you'd be a
good IAOC candidate.

I have no interest in being a professional IETFer but I
have considerable interest in having meetings be effective
(I'd like to see them deprioritized, but as long as there
are working group chairs who treat them as the locus of
working group activity that's not going to happen).  There
are productivity costs associated with being at an
overflow hotel - working breakfast meetings become more
difficult and impromptu conversations become constrained
to the hours someone is in the building.

I don't know what Usenix is doing these days but back
when I was heavily involved we always seemed to find
hotels that could accommodate most attendees.  But, they
had a very, very skilled professional meeting organizer
on staff rather than relying on a committee of volunteers.

Melinda