Re: Hotel situation

2015-12-16 11:27:37

On Wed, 16 Dec 2015, Melinda Shore wrote:

I don't know what Usenix is doing these days but back
when I was heavily involved we always seemed to find
hotels that could accommodate most attendees.  But, they
had a very, very skilled professional meeting organizer
on staff rather than relying on a committee of volunteers.

Melinda

Just on your final point: The IETF does not solely "rely on
a committee of volunteers," we use a very skilled professional
meeting organizer called AMS, aka the IETF Secretariat.

Ole