Re: New Non-WG Mailing List: Ietf-and-github -- Discussion of using GitHub in IETF activities, particularly for Working Groups

2016-01-26 16:51:11
On 1/26/16 1:39 PM, Paul Hoffman wrote:
Yes; no. Further, this goes well beyond "protocols": it is mostly about
interface for WG participants.

I'm not sure it makes a lot of sense to be fussy about
this but fussy we are, so I'll add that I think this is
about working group tools rather than working group
"interfaces" (individual contributors already can
and do use pretty much whatever they want to get
their documents ready).

I am not a fan of making IETF processes dependent on
technologies that don't "belong" to the IETF and I don't
think it's a trivial concern, but if the IETF tools
aren't working for us it makes sense to look outside for
tools that do.

Melinda