Re: New Non-WG Mailing List: Ietf-and-github -- Discussion of using GitHub in IETF activities, particularly for Working Groups

2016-01-28 08:17:39
Carsten Bormann <cabo(_at_)tzi(_dot_)org> wrote:

The bigger problem is the value-add in the form of proprietary web-based
workflows that github adds to the mix, such as the issue lists with the
discussions, the information around pull requests, the CI integration
etc.  We need to have backup strategies for
-- the relevant data themselves (data export),

Regarding this I recently found out about
https://github.com/joeyh/github-backup

-- the skills that the IETF people have acquired employing those workflows.

Ultimately, the latter is probably the bigger problem.

Tony.
--
f.anthony.n.finch  <dot(_at_)dotat(_dot_)at>  http://dotat.at/
Southeast Iceland: Southwesterly becoming cyclonic, 5 or 6, increasing 7 to