Re: New Non-WG Mailing List: Ietf-and-github -- Discussion of using GitHub in IETF activities, particularly for Working Groups

2016-01-27 04:43:43
I'm not sure it makes a lot of sense to be fussy about this but fussy
we are, so I'll add that I think this is about working group tools
rather than working group "interfaces" (individual contributors
already can and do use pretty much whatever they want to get their
documents ready).

I am not a fan of making IETF processes dependent on technologies that
don't "belong" to the IETF and I don't think it's a trivial concern,
but if the IETF tools aren't working for us it makes sense to look
outside for tools that do.

i use git, svn, slac, ... everything but paper and pencil.  and you and
your friends are welcome to use whatever works for you.

my issue is that the discussion, tracking of issues, ... must remain on
the mailing lists until we leave the mailing lists behind for a better
world.  imiho, git isn't it.

randy