Re: long-term archiving

2016-01-28 13:15:51
On 29/01/2016 07:52, Alessandro Vesely wrote:
On Thu 28/Jan/2016 16:22:03 +0100 Theodore V Faber wrote:

Museum quality is a pretty high bar.  I would prefer that the IETF
preserve materials to the extent we need to do our work, and let
historians and curators decide what (if anything) is worth preserving at
higher quality and reliability.

+1.  For example, I cannot find this on IETF's site:
https://web.archive.org/web/20070707120539/http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-drums-smtpupd-00

Then you didn't look in the right place:

https://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-ietf-drums-smtpupd-00.txt

However, there are missing I-Ds from 1994 or earlier, from the days when
ftp was the only method and expired drafts were taken off line immediately.
The Wayback machine also only goes back so far.

    Brian