Re: New Non-WG Mailing List: Ietf-and-github -- Discussion of using GitHub in IETF activities, particularly for Working Groups

2016-01-28 02:23:29
On 01/27/2016 10:30 PM, Ross Finlayson wrote:
Just a quick FYI, for those people out there who thought that I was being
unrealistic and/or alarmist:

      http://www.theregister.co.uk/2016/01/28/github_outage/

Regardless of what protocols (‘git’ or otherwise) the IETF decides to use for
document management, we should be using our own servers for this - not those
belonging a third party.  We need to be confident that this is going to
survive the next recession :-) :-(

github is down because of a massive DDOS attack from China. The details
are online. If anyone needs, I can locate the information again and post it.

Anyone, including the IETF could be the subject of a DDOS attack. So, in
this instance, the real problem is not because its a outside server.

--

Doug Royer - (http://DougRoyer.US)
DouglasRoyer(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com