Re: ietf.org unaccessible for Tor users

2016-03-15 05:58:00

I fully agree that we ought enable people to access the IETF
site via Tor. That is entirely consistent with [1] (as is
still allowing plaintext, so let's not re-do that discussion:-)
Actually, I'd say that making life harder for people who
choose to use Tor is inconsistent with the spirit of [1]
unless there's some very good reason for that, e.g. if it
put other folks access to the IETF site at significant risk.
I don't think that last is the case.

As Jari said there're some folks who're looking at this so
I'd suggest we give 'em a bit of time to figure stuff out.
If someone feels that's taking too long, feel free to ping
me and I'll hassle whoever is the stuckee at that point and
report back.

Cheers,
S.

PS: I just installed TBB on a machine and didn't see any
captcha. That may mean that it's exit node specific I guess.

[1] https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/maximizing-encrypted-access.html