Re: "We did not know" is not a good excuse

2016-04-06 21:19:34
On 4/6/2016 4:34 PM, Adrian Farrel wrote:
How do we move on so:
- this problem does not recur

What you probably do not mean is 'we do not go to Singapore again.

What you probably /do/ mean is that further venue selections avoid places that effectively serve to exclude participation by various constituencies. Or at least, that is what I hope you mean, because it has broader utility.

So I'll repeat what I said at the virtual microphone:

If the community wishes meeting venue selection to refrain from choosing specific places, the community needs to develop that list.

Anything less specific leaves too much to interpretation, which guarantees that similar errors will recur.

d/

--

  Dave Crocker
  Brandenburg InternetWorking