Re: A distinction along Pete's dimensions

2016-04-08 09:50:11
+1

ray
On Apr 8, 2016, at 8:22 AM, Jari Arkko
<jari(_dot_)arkko(_at_)piuha(_dot_)net> wrote:

 So when a new country or city is being considered -- and by new, I think I
mean 'we have never been there', but perhaps we need to leave room for
reconsideration of previously-visited places? -- we float the general
countries and maybe cities to the community and wait for support and
objections.

Whatever criteria the community chooses to apply at that time are the
relevant criteria.  No theory or modeling or documentation or even
consistency -- and especially no guessing and no errors by an anointed body
-- are required.

This would certainly work for me. There is obviously the question of calling
what the result of the community discussion is, but I would view the
community discussion as informing the decision by the meetings committee and
the IAOC, i.e., the purpose of the crowdsourcing is to uncover issues that a
smaller set of people might not catch, and then we have a better basis for
the final decision.

(Speaking personally, not representing IAOC or other opinions.)

Jari