Re: Concerns about Singapore

2016-04-12 06:16:27
On 12 Apr 2016, at 01:50, Ted Lemon <mellon(_at_)fugue(_dot_)com> wrote:

The only thing you mentioned that can't be done with existing conferencing
software is hums, and I'm sure we could figure out a way to make that work.
It's not rocket science.   Chairs who judge consensus by looking at the room
aren't following IETF process--consensus is judged on the mailing list.  Hums
are useful for figuring out why we _don't_ have consensus, and for _getting_
to consensus, but if you were to judge consensus by hums or a show of hands,
then you'd be taking a vote, wouldn't you?

Meetecho has a ‘hum’ button, which throws ‘hmmmmmm’ into the jabber room for
the WG. I did see it used, once.

Tim