Re: Concerns about Singapore

2016-04-12 08:19:01
Folks,

On 2016-04-12 19:15, Tim Chown wrote:
On 12 Apr 2016, at 01:50, Ted Lemon <mellon(_at_)fugue(_dot_)com> wrote:

The only thing you mentioned that can't be done with existing conferencing
software is hums, and I'm sure we could figure out a way to make that work.
It's not rocket science.   Chairs who judge consensus by looking at the room
aren't following IETF process--consensus is judged on the mailing list.  Hums
are useful for figuring out why we _don't_ have consensus, and for _getting_ to
consensus, but if you were to judge consensus by hums or a show of hands, then
you'd be taking a vote, wouldn't you?

Meetecho has a ‘hum’ button, which throws ‘hmmmmmm’ into the jabber room for
the WG. I did see it used, once.

Let me return to the start of this discussion.

It seems to me that the LGBTQ peoples concern about a meeting in
Singapore is real, at least it is perceived to be real.

I don't think anything that is within our power to do can change this
perception.

Thus we need to take this seriously, the concerns is about our upcoming
meeting in Singapore. That should be our focus.

/Loa

Tim