Re: Transparency of IAOC

2016-04-12 15:51:52
On this one ...

On Tue, Apr 12, 2016 at 3:32 PM, Brian E Carpenter <
brian(_dot_)e(_dot_)carpenter(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com> wrote:

Hi SM,

Is it appropriate to ask questions to the IAOC?

Of course it is. But (compared to the IESG) the IAOC does deal with a
comparatively large fraction of issues that have confidential aspects -
budget negotiation, contract negotiations, staff issues, operation
security,
and (with their Trustee hats on) legal issues. So there are going to be
more
problems about community access to IAOC proceedings than for the IESG.

I don't see people who have been part of the "leadership" doing that.

Really not? Of course some of us who've actually been in the IAOC in
the past may not have quite so many questions, because we understand
the constraints.

SM, if you're talking about people in "leadership" (is that what we are?)
asking questions of the IAOC on the IETF mailing list, you may very well be
right.

But I do drop notes to the IAOC directly, either to the IAD or to the
overall IAOC, and I don't know how anyone in the broader community would
know that I've done that.

I suspect others do, as well.

Spencer