Transparency of IAOC

2016-04-12 07:07:32
Dear Members of the IESG,

Section 3 of RFC 4071 states that the "IASA structure is designed to ensure accountability and transparency of the IETF administrative and fiscal activities to the IETF community". There are other occurrences of the word "transparency" in that RFC.

Transparency can be discussed from several perspectives. If I am, for example, someone you dislike and/or you believe that my motivation is only to make your life difficult, you could ask me to prove that there is a transparency problem. Another perspective is when you believe that the burden of proof is on your side, i.e. it is up to you to show that when you use the word "transparency", that is what you mean.

Regards,
-sm