Re: Transparency of IAOC

2016-04-12 15:32:34
Hi SM,

Is it appropriate to ask questions to the IAOC?

Of course it is. But (compared to the IESG) the IAOC does deal with a
comparatively large fraction of issues that have confidential aspects -
budget negotiation, contract negotiations, staff issues, operation security,
and (with their Trustee hats on) legal issues. So there are going to be more
problems about community access to IAOC proceedings than for the IESG.

I don't see people who have been part of the "leadership" doing that.

Really not? Of course some of us who've actually been in the IAOC in
the past may not have quite so many questions, because we understand
the constraints.

Maybe,
it will be viewed as politically incorrect and it is not good for a person's
IETF career.  In other words, it is a matter of
perception.

I think someone who's been asking tricky questions of the IAOC would
be a very good candidate for Nomcom to consider for an IAOC seat.

    Brian