Re: spam on old lists - was [89attendees] Fw: new important message

2016-04-15 13:57:19
JORDI PALET MARTINEZ <jordi(_dot_)palet(_at_)consulintel(_dot_)es> wrote:

A few years ago,

   Thank you for stipulating "a few years ago". Spammers have learned
a lot in the last few years.

I???ve managed to get a customer out of spamhaus, despite having sent
a SPAM because a bot, etc.

   In this case, there is _no_ evidence of a bot among my users.

I was able to find all the info about how to proceed in their web
site, apply to clean, etc.

   When is the last time you tried?

   Spamhaus has become more paranoid; and several features of their
website aren't functioning well right now. (Not to mention their preference
for users blindly enabling all javascript...)

Same with other similar DNS-BLs

   Actually spamhaus has a better-than-average reputation. It is _not_
the "same" with the average DNSBLs.

I think if you???re ???clean??? you should have not problem,

   "clean" by whose definition?

   Nowadays, it's not even a publicly-available definition!

and we can choose which DNS-BL to apply.

   I refuse to feed a flame-war here; except to say we _won't_ reach
a useful rough-consensus without excluding too many contributors (and
probably won't reach rough-consensus at all).

If we have from the community negative reports about bad-behaviours
from any of those DNS-BLs for example.

   Again, how much are you contributing to the costs of what you ask?

--
John Leslie <john(_at_)jlc(_dot_)net>