Re: spam on old lists - was [89attendees] Fw: new important message

2016-04-15 12:27:38
I think the problem is bigger than that.

I’ve not checked those specific emails headers, but some time ago, I noticed
that subscribers of IETF using DNS-BL black listed email servers were allowed
to post.

This means that if a spammer is subscribed, or an actual subscriber infected
with a virus/bot/whatever, he is able to send all kind of rubbish to the list.

As a consequence of that, because my email server is configured to reject
messages that have an IP in any header which is DNS-BL, then my email address
was unsubscribed.

I exchanged a few email with AMS and IAOC, and suggested that we MUST reject
any sender that is black listed. NEVER got a response back from the IAOC,
despite having been told that they will take care of that.

Again: I really think we must reject emails coming from DNS-BL black listed
servers.

Is up to each postmaster to make sure that the IP addresses of his/her servers
are not listed in DNS-BL and his network free of malware that can create
problems to others.

May be some day, someone at the IAOC can take care of this … instead of
ignoring our complains.

Regards,
Jordi