Re: [vmeet] IETF95 remote attendance

2016-04-15 12:45:48
Il 15/04/2016 17:48, Michael Richardson ha scritto:

Meetecho IETF support <ietf(_at_)meetecho(_dot_)com> wrote:
     > - 621 registered remote participants.

     > - 712 unique remote participants joined Meetecho through the week;
     > among these, 282 opted to also put their Registration ID.

These numbers seem weird.
621 people registered, but then somewhere between 339 and 430 of them decided
not to put in their ID.

Well, Reg IDs are hard to remember. As there were not mandatory, our feeling is that a lot of people just didn't want to spend time retrieving the confirmation email the registration system sent them.

Clearly 91 people attended without having registered.

Some people might have put their registration in sometimes, and not other
times?    Would that couild as two?

This actually depends on the name they used, the IP address, and some other parameters we take into account to minimize duplication.

If someone didn't put their number in for multiple sessions, would that count
as multiple?

See above.

Well, it says "712 unique".. how was that uniqueness determined, if not through
IDs?
If I used different devices (work/home/tablet/laptop) would that cound as
multiple?

Again, see above. :)

I'm very impressed with the numbers: something like 50% of participants were
remote.

Please remember that some remote participants were actually "on-site". We've even seen a couple of remote questions through the virtual queue from people we met in BA! ;)