Re: spam on old lists - was [89attendees] Fw: new important message

2016-04-15 12:54:02
JORDI PALET MARTINEZ <jordi(_dot_)palet(_at_)consulintel(_dot_)es> wrote:

Again: I really think we must reject emails coming from DNS-BL
black listed servers.

   In a word, No.

   I'm in a spamhaus blacklist right now (working on it!!!), and spamhaus
refuses to say why. These things happen!

   If we were seeing a higher volume of spam get through, I'd agree to
instituting a moderation-like process; but we're not, and I dislike
make-work for moderators.

   Perhaps somebody would like to work on a captca?

Is up to each postmaster to make sure that the IP addresses of his/her
servers are not listed in DNS-BL and his network free of malware that
can create problems to others.

   Indeed, we try!

   But very few blacklist maintainers offer actually useful information
to help us do this.

   We _could_ in principle work up protocols to replace zero-maintenance
blacklists as "the solution" to spam. I tried, the last time the topic
was hot; but totally failed to get anything that wasn't trivial to bypass.

May be some day, someone at the IAOC can take care of this ??? instead
of ignoring our complains.

   How much are you contributing to the funding of that additional work?

--
John Leslie <john(_at_)jlc(_dot_)net>