Re: Interim step on meetings site feedback â?? for sites currently under active consideration

2016-04-18 12:09:36

  First off, Oxford comma. Next, what's an "ethnical" person? And
third, as I observed at the plenary, bringing in a very diverse
opinion set on inclusiveness and accessibility will make us only
meet in Western Europe, North America, and Japan. And what's in the
queue for consideration? Western Europe and North America. Sigh.

  There are plenty of reasons to not meet in Singapore and it's a
shame that some members of the IETF community cannot bring their
family and/or be open and honest about their relationships. But
I think these issues should be balanced with the overall benefit
that the IETF World Tour provides. We are a diverse group and I
think we leave each city a little better off after we depart
because of it. Embargoes seldom have the desired effect.

  regards,

  Dan.