Re: Interim step on meetings site feedback for sites currently under active consideration

2016-04-18 14:40:24
As I've said repeatedly, I don't think the world tour actually
does bring much benefit.  I'm very hopeful that some of the
South Americans who attended their first IETF meeting because
it was held in Buenos Aires will continue to participate (as in:
bring in work and participate in ongoing work, and not as in: sit
in meetings) but historically that has not been the case.

I was surprised both at how well the BA meeting went, and the
number of new people from the region.  But as you say, the
proof will be if they join the mailing lists and write
drafts.

R's,
John