Re: Interim step on meetings site feedback for sites currently under active consideration

2016-04-18 12:38:53
On 4/18/16 9:09 AM, Dan Harkins wrote:
But
I think these issues should be balanced with the overall benefit
that the IETF World Tour provides.

As I've said repeatedly, I don't think the world tour actually
does bring much benefit.  I'm very hopeful that some of the
South Americans who attended their first IETF meeting because
it was held in Buenos Aires will continue to participate (as in:
bring in work and participate in ongoing work, and not as in: sit
in meetings) but historically that has not been the case.  I also
think that the world tour tends to have the unintended side-effect
of overemphasizing the importance of meetings to our process.

Also, note that a large number of regulars opted to skip the meeting
in Buenos Aires.  Granted, there are those who might see that as
a benefit.

Melinda