Re: A couple of meta points -- IETF 100, Singapore, onwards

2016-05-26 04:55:17

Hi,

Thanks, a cogent summary, though I think it underplays a couple of key
points:

1/ the cost of backing out of Singapore at this date (this is the
picture we’re trying to put together in a way that will be useful for
public consumption)

2/ whether a broader range of people than have failed to unsubscribe
from the IETF@ mailing list are on board with canceling (there are a
few different conversations that are going on in the background and
they are not all supportive of canceling).
==> I do agree with cancelling Singapore, if the IETF will consider for
all future events issues which hinder the actual participant from
attending an IETF event. For e.g. Visa obtention. If the IETF is not
able guarantee visa for an aspiring IETF participant, then will it
cancel such a venue?

Haven't we opened a can of worms?

Not really, as HMS (Her Majesty Ship) Illustrous is ready for sale. With "some"
maintenance she is able to leave UK.

So who is starting collecting money of kickstarter? Guessing 50.000.000 GBP may
cover the bill.

Michal

P.S: excuse my irony, but ...