Re: IETF 100, IAOC perspective

2016-06-09 14:32:00
Hi Melinda,

On 6/9/16 8:39 PM, Melinda Shore wrote:
Personally, I did not go because
it was clearly going to be very expensive to attend,
regardless.

I don't think it was more expensive than any meeting that would have
occurred in Asia.  While agreeing with you that cost is a factor, I just
want to point out the conflict between that factor and 1-1-1*.  Patrick
McManus stated in the earlier megathread words to the effect that he
didn't think there was a need for 3 plenary meetings per year.  I
personally would like to not lose track of that point.  Would it make
sense to do an experiment such that we drop one meeting for one year and
instead require active working groups to hold an Interim or several
virtual interims that fairly distribute timezone pain?

Eliot