Re: IETF 100, IAOC perspective

2016-06-10 07:47:53
Lloyd Wood wrote:

> ALL participants' families are equally unimportant;

Of course. We are a technical body, for which, only
technical contributions are important.

> On Friday, June 10, 2016, 1:30 AM, Harald Alvestrand
> <harald(_at_)alvestrand(_dot_)no> wrote:

For some reason I'm reminded of the (apparent) belief of old NetNews
denizens that one could shape the Real World by rearranging the
hierarchy of NetNews group names (remember
soc.religion.islam.ahmadi?)

It means that NetNews can not affect cultural hierarchy (or, more
precisely, relationships) in the real world. Nor can IETF.

                                                Masataka Ohta