Re: New Version Notification for draft-leiba-rfc2119-update-00.txt

2016-08-10 04:38:34

I am neutral to inclined to leave in SHALL/SHALL NOT. Other standards bodies
prefer those terms and leaving them in is at worst harmless.

I strongly agree with Joe on REQUIRED, RECOMMENDED, and OPTIONAL.
These are useful terms and ought to be retained.

As to the document, I really see no need to change a text that has
served us so well for nearly 20 years. As a change to RFC2119 it is
not going to be noticed by anyone other than the mainstream IETF
community, and I suspect will cause more confusion than it resolves.

I do not think we should publish this document.

Stewart