Re: To "lose the argument in the WG"

2017-02-14 01:29:16

On 14 Feb 2017, at 8:01, Mark Andrews <marka(_at_)isc(_dot_)org> wrote:

And workgroups get it wrong.

I gave up trying to convince behave that the DNS64 DNSSEC processing
was insane.

<snip />

Should I have raise these again at IETF last call?

If at IETF LC you said something along the lines of “The specification does
this, and I think it’s insane because XXX. It was raised in the WG [1] but was
rejected [2],[3].  I still think it’s insane and that the spec should not go
forward as it is.”

I think that would be fine, but anyone jumping to agree with you would be
properly asked why they didn’t participate in the WG. In any case, it could be
useful input for the IESG who are the ultimate judges of IETF consensus.

Yoav