Re: IETF Last Call conclusion for draft-ietf-6man-rfc2460bis-08

2017-03-31 13:14:25
Hi Suresh,

The fact that encapsulation in new v6 header is optional to me is clearly
stated in section 4.1 of that document:

 By default, a local SID bound to the End function does not allow
      the decapsulation of an outer header.  As a consequence, an End
      SID cannot be the last SID of an SRH and cannot be the DA of a
      packet without SRH.

   o  If the decapsulation is desired, then another function must be
      bound to the SID (e.g., End.DX6 defined in
      [I-D.filsfils-spring-srv6-network-programming
<https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-6man-segment-routing-header-06#ref-I-D.filsfils-spring-srv6-network-programming>]).
This prevents
      any unintentional decapsulation by the segment endpoint node.  The
      details of the advertisement of a SID in the control plane are
      outside the scope of this document (e.g.,
      [I-D.previdi-idr-segment-routing-te-policy
<https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-6man-segment-routing-header-06#ref-I-D.previdi-idr-segment-routing-te-policy>],
      [I-D.dawra-bgp-srv6-vpn
<https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-6man-segment-routing-header-06#ref-I-D.dawra-bgp-srv6-vpn>]
and [I-D.bashandy-isis-srv6-extensions
<https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-6man-segment-routing-header-06#ref-I-D.bashandy-isis-srv6-extensions>].

On Mar 31, 2017 13:08, "Suresh Krishnan"
<suresh(_dot_)krishnan(_at_)ericsson(_dot_)com>
wrote:

Hi Robert,

On Mar 31, 2017, at 12:56 PM, Robert Raszuk <robert(_at_)raszuk(_dot_)net>