Re: IAOC requesting input on (potential) meeting cities

2017-04-15 04:53:14

Joel M. Halpern <jmh(_at_)joelhalpern(_dot_)com> writes:

There is a lot of value in face-to-face interaction.
While we can not always get the interactions we want, virtual interaction is
no
replacement for face-to-face.  Being able to chat with people between
meetings.
Having folks in the same place to set up high-interaction discussions.  And
multiple additional benefits.

Yes, funding matters.  But in my view that is secondary to the actual benefit
of
the meetings.  Which is why I attend.

+1

Whenever I read messages that advocate for switching to remote only
meetings, I have to wonder, are those people just not getting what I get
out of f2f meetings? I find the meetings invaluable for the reasons you
list above.

Thanks,
Chris.

Yours,