Re: Structure of IETF meeting weeks

2017-04-19 11:23:19
On 4/19/2017 9:16 AM, joel jaeggli wrote:
As an AD I was relatively assiduous at working with my chairs to cancel
working group slots where the agenda/acitivity didn't justify meeting
(beyond the case of the empty agenda that's probably somewhat subjective).

Thanks for checking off that script requirement in this sequence. When discussing such management issues on the we always get one or more postings following the template "my management oversight did/does what you are suggesting".

As always, individual anecdotes have nothing to do with patterns of concern. It's not that they are untrue, it's that they are a single datum, which never explains or resolves a pattern.

Note, for example Ted Lemon's view that meaningful filtering isn't possible due to individual differences in defining an applying criteria.

All of this, of course, provides continuing comfort in taking no action to manage the week's time better.

d/

--
Dave Crocker
Brandenburg InternetWorking