Re: IAOC requesting input on (potential) meeting cities

2017-04-14 11:46:46
Hi Stewart,

Right, so this is why it's better for everyone to be remote.

Except that the IETF funding model requires attendees to pay their meeting fee.

I believe that the model can be changed, for example remote participation may require some small fee too. We need to make remote participation as productive as the local one and prepare financial models.

I believe if IETF has meeting to Sydney, at least some local communities in Europe or South America prepare their side meetings interconnected with the main meeting - and those side meeting organizers may need to pay a participation fee - this is just an idea.

            Michal