Re: IAOC requesting input on (potential) meeting cities

2017-04-05 00:56:49
On Apr 5, 2017, at 01:06, mike stJohns <mstjohns(_at_)comcast(_dot_)net> wrote:

.005 deaths per week per 1000

Right, the 270 micromorts per year (~ 5 micromorts per week) you cited would
lead to a ~ 0.5 % chance of anyone of the ~ 1000 IETFers getting killed — a
factor three less than the 1.5 % that my numbers result in, but not off by a
large factor.
(Still, I wonder where that factor three comes from.)

Luckily, we hit the other 98.5 % this week.

(I’m not that worried by the ~ 15 micromorts of risk I personally was subjected
to, given that I spent on the order of 250 microlives for the time that went
into this meeting.
But my wife, who had been planning our wonderful vacation in Colombia earlier
this year, definitely was.)

Grüße, Carsten